In this role, you will support the General Manager by providing coaching to the team and creating and supporting a fun, inviting work environment where the team feels respected and valued. You will know how to identify 5-Star talent and how to put the right people in the right places at the right time through effective scheduling. With the support of a General Manager (GM) or District Manager (DM), you will manage the daily operations and staff of a Wendy's restaurant in your market. You will be responsible for the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. In this role, you will ensure the achievement of all restaurant objectives while following all Company guidelines and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices. You will lead, interview, select, direct, train and develop all Shift Managers, Team Trainers and Crew with the support of your GM or DM. In this role, you will be the acting GM for any non-home restaurants with support from the DM. You must be able to complete all GM duties as needed within a restaurant. Duties may vary depending on duration of coverage in non-home restaurants. By accepting this position, you will be required to travel to restaurants within your market, up to 50 miles from your home restaurant on a regular basis.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Maximizes store sales goals versus budget and prior year, including participation in marketing programs. Evaluates store performance at specified intervals using Company inspection form and develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales. Manages assigned store requirements for new product rollouts/procedures. Ensures protection of Wendy's brand and assets through store compliance with Company operating policies and procedures
- Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to store management and crew employees. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations. Coaches and retrains managers as required and takes corrective actions as appropriate and with support from General or District Manager
- Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable expenses. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits. Works with General or District Manager to establish store priorities, and develops and executes store plans. Informally evaluates store performance, receives and incorporates feedback from store inspections, and implements action plans to improve store ratings. Conducts regular managers’ meetings to communicate and reinforce priorities
- Ensures People Excellence culture through developing subordinates to maximize their contributions and future promotability. Executes proper training and development through current systems and practices. Ensures achievement of proper staffing levels. Utilizes ongoing system for the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of store management and crew. Prepares and conducts quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for store management and crew. Works with HR staff to manage Speak Out process at store level, ensuring expedient and appropriate resolution
- Ensures the continual improvement of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on all day parts, including monitoring the monitoring of food product quality. Appropriately utilizes the Customer Experience Playbook and puts emphasis on "Delight Every Customer". Helps diagnose service issues and directs subordinate managers and crew in executing Playbook plays to resolve.
The Wendy's Company is the world's second largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy's system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 25 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide