|Title:||Swiss CNC Programmer|
Our client is seeking an ambitious and conscientious Swiss CNC Programmer to report to the Windsor, CT location. This role will provide exciting opportunities to work for a dynamic company in a fast-paced, growing industry.
As an Swiss CNC Programmer, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding customer needs in an industrial environment by using state-of-the-art instruments, advanced computer systems and knowledge of programming and engineering. The Swiss CNC Programmer will be technically inclined and will run and process parts on Tsugami machine tools. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing turnkey projects, demonstrations, and other customer related projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
- Conducting pre-sale activities and reviews including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine assessment and recommendations, part processing recommendations and development of turnkey proposals
- Making accurate cost estimates, writing engineering reports, and interpreting plans and specifications
- Developing/ implementing custom demonstrations and training customers in the safe set up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, grinders, Swiss style lathes and/ or multi-tasking machines
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- A two-year degree in engineering with a minimum of five years of applicable experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years experience as a Swiss-turn CNC machinist/programmer.
- Broad knowledge of the machine tool industry as well as its applications and technical requirement.
- Advanced knowledge of Swiss style CNC machine technology and applications with previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Fanuc based controls. Experience with Okuma controls is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of machine tools and applications.
- Possess good presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally.
- Strong project management skills and track record for personal accountability.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM software.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in software associated with Microsoft Word processing, spreadsheets, Microsoft project, Power Point presentations, and other related business programs.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
Our client offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: